This Grant is to be awarded to a member of CSH in good standing (dues paid) who has made an exemplary contribution to Colorado state, national, or international histology education. The Grant is sponsored by StatLab Medical Products in the amount of $500. In addition, the recipient will receive a plaque in recognition of their accomplishments. The Grant will be presented on an annual basis during the CSH spring meeting. The award will be presented to a CSH member based on the following criteria:
1. The recipient must be an active CSH member in good standing (dues paid) for a minimum of 2 years.
2. A letter must be submitted by the applicant (use the appropriate text box below) describing what they have accomplished in promoting Histological education (on a Colorado state, national or international level). Note: the educational accomplishments must have taken place within the past 2 years.
3. A letter or email from a supervisor, a pathologist, or a certified (HT or HTL) Histologist supporting and validating the applicant's accomplishments.
4. Applicant must submit an updated curriculum vitae with home address and present employer information included.
5. The CSH awards chairperson will receive all applications and forward those that fulfill the above criteria to the President of the CSH.
6. The winning application will be decided upon by a majority vote of the CSH board and approved by a member of StatLab Medical Products.
7. In lieu of no qualified applicants, the grant will not be given out that year.
Examples of Histological Educational Promotion Activities:
• Assisting in the education and development of existing and future Histologists.
• Giving classes in Histology and/or setting up educational opportunities for Histologists (Colorado or nationally)
• Giving classes, consulting, and/or promoting the histological profession internationally.
Note: Any incomplete application will be considered void.